The hotel is located on the site of Ainahau, the royal estate of Princess Victoria Kaiulani, heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Hawaii. The estate was demolished in the 1930s by the owners of the Moana Hotel, located across Kalakaua Avenue. Bungalows for the hotel were constructed on the site. The bungalows were demolished in 1953 and the Matson Line constructed the Princess Kaiulani Hotel, which opened on June 11, 1955. The 11-story building was the tallest in Hawaii at the time.
Our blank notecards are custom printed at our location in Seattle, WA. They come bagged with an envelope. We love illustration art from old children's books and early, printed ephemera. These cards reflect this interest in bringing delightful art back to life.